Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Life is Average . . .

http://mylifeisaverage.com/ . . . where people are invited to post about their normal, mediocre lives.

These are my favourite posting there so far:

Today, the girl that sits next to me asked me how to spell orange during our english essay. I just stared at for a second before saying, "O-R-A-N-G-E." She then shook her head & said seriously, "No, not the fruit, the colour." I thought she was joking. She wasn't.

Today, I received a letter that I wrote to myself in 8th grade. When I opened it, a quarter came out. I had put it in there in case my future self was poor. Later, I went through the drive through and realized I was a quarter short for a soda. I'm so glad my past self knew I would be thirsty today.

Today, I was called by a telemarketer. When he asked to speak to the head of the household, I began speaking frantic spanish (mostly "No comprendo"). He told me to hold on. After waiting a few seconds, a spanish woman was put on the line. She began speaking, and after a few words I started saying "I can't understand you!". The line went silent and a different english speaking man was put on the line. I got them to switch 4 times.

Yesterday, I made cookies in Home Ec. I sat at my bus stop after school, eating them out of a paper bag and couldn't finish them. Instead of wasting them, I wrote "Dear Stranger, please enjoy these cookies. I didn't spit in them. Love, Me." and left the paper bag there. Today they were gone, with a note that said "Dear you, Thanks. Love, Stranger."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am FAR too prone to browsing these types of sites endlessly. Hilarious stuff there!